7-Day ~ Alaska Knitting Cruise (Aug 2017)
August 13, 2017
August 20, 2017
Alaska Knitting Cruise (Aug 2017) ~ Knitting Cruises Description
7-Day Alaska Knitting Cruise w/ Galina Khmeleva & Cheryl Brunette August 13-20, 2017
Join fellow knitters on an Alaskan knitting cruise sailing round trip from Seattle. Cruising out of Seattle is easy, affordable and spectacular. Imagine the sparkling city skyline with the snow-capped Cascade Mountains in the background, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker and Mt. St. Helens towering in the distance and the Olympic Mountains bidding you a farewell as you cruise out of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. August is a popular time to cruise because the days are clear, making the snow-capped mountains and volcanoes stand out in all their glory while the wildflowers are blooming in the ports-of-call along the way.
Cruising out of Seattle will give knitters from across the country and from around the world the opportunity to experience one of the most livable cities in the United States. Those who have visited previously will have the chance to see how much Seattle has changed in recent years with the success of such local companies as Amazon and Microsoft, among others. Come early to allow time to shop for yarn at Seattle's numerous yarn shops, have a fabulous Pacific Northwest salmon dinner, visit Seattle's new Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit and take in the top sights of this iconic city.
On this knitting cruise, the spectacular scenery, majestic mountains, fascinating wildlife and stunning glaciers will thrill you throughout the journey, and the onboard knitting program will motivate you to take your knitting to the next level. Participants will enjoy classes with Russian Oreburg lace expert Galina Khmeleva and YouTube knitting instructor, Cheryl Brunette while the ship is at sea. Cruising by forested isles, seeing icy-blue glaciers and exploring charming frontier ports, all while being pampered onboard one of Holland America Line's most beloved ships, the ms Oosterdam while knitting to your heart's content sounds like a great recipe for a memorable Alaska vacation.
2017 Alaska Cruise Highlights w/ Galina Khmeleva & Cheryl Brunette
- Yarn shopping at Churchmouse Yarns on beautiful Bainbridge Island and at So Much Yarn in the heart of Seattle's Pike Place Market
- Scenic cruising along the largest tidewater glacier in North America, Hubbard Glacier, nicknamed "the galloping glacier" for its rapid advancements
- Visit both the Raptor Rehab Center & Fortress of the Bear in the remote port of Sitka
- Meet the "Tree Hugger's Wife" at Seaside Yarns in Juneau where you can try on a variety of samples knit from this gorgeous locally dyed yarn
- Shop at The Hive on the Creek, Ketchikan's premier knitting and beading store featuring artisan yarns and qiviut conveniently located on colorful Creek Street
- Learn about the Coast Salish knitters of the Cowichan Valley and Vancouver Island and shop for Cowichan hand-knits in Victoria, British Columbia
- Shop at the largest yarn store in the entire Pacific Northwest, Beehive Wool Shop in Victoria, British Columbia