7-Day ~ Rocky Mountaineer & Alaska (June 2015)
Holland America Line
June 13, 2015
June 20, 2015
Rocky Mountaineer & Alaska (June 2015) ~ Knitting Cruises Description
Canadian Rockies Rail & Alaska Knitting Cruise w/ Rosemary (Romi) Hill
Every year Craft Cruises offers a uniquely different Alaska itinerary because the Alaska cruise options are as diverse as the Great Land itself. You may choose to join the group in Calgary for the magnificent Rocky Mountaineer rail "Journey Through the Clouds" from Calgary visiting Banff, Lake Louise, the Columbia Ice Field, Jasper and Kamloops ending in Vancouver. You may choose to do the train and cruise combination or you may choose to join the group in Vancouver for just the 7-night Alaska cruise. This cruise itinerary visits Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm and the best ports along Alaska's southeast passage while cruising through Canada's famed inside passage twice on the way up and back as you cruise from Vancouver.
No matter which option you choose, enjoy snow-capped mountains glowing in the sunlight of long days, abundant wildlife active with young and wildflowers blanketing the ground. Cruise the dramatic fjords of Tracy Arm where you will find the best wilderness scenery in all of Alaska with deep narrow fjords, active glaciers and abundant waterfalls. You will have fun keeping an eye out for a wide variety of wildlife including bears, deer, wolves, harbor seals, mountain goats and numerous bird species.
So if you are considering a knitting cruise to the Canadian Rockies and Alaska this trip offers a good combination of gorgeous scenery, shopping for luxury fiber and inspirational learning. Join the knitalong onboard the train or take technique classes with Rosemary (Romi) Hill onboard the beautiful ms Noordam. So pack up your needles and come along for this scenery-packed adventure.
2015 Canadian Rockies Rail & Alaska Knitting Cruise Highlights
- Visit Calgary, home of the Calgary Stampede, snow-capped mountains and sparkling skyline
- Shop at The Loop in Calgary for unique, one-of-a-kind items handcrafted by local artists and indie dyers
- Enjoy yarn shopping at Stash - the little yarn shop with a big personality
- Enjoy two luxurious days on the rails viewing the most spectacular mountain scenery on the continent
- Travel during daylight hours and sleep in hotels at night
- Shop for custom-dyed silk yarn at Maiwa Supply on Vancouver's popular Granville Island
- See custom hand-dying demonstrations at Sweet Georgia Yarn's Studio in Vancouver
- Enjoy a pre-cruise reception at Urban Yarns in Vancouver with light refreshments, samples by local knitwear designers and an amazing selection of high-end luxury yarns
- Enjoy a fresh Pacific Northwest salmon bake and feast on succulent Alaskan King Crab
- Shop for yarns handcrafted in Alaska by such popular yarn companies as Raven Frog Fibers, Tree Hugger's Wife, Rabbit Ridge and Arctic Qiviut among others
- Learn new lace techniques from one of the most sought after new designers in the lace-knitting world, Rosemary (Romi) Hill