13 Day ~ Canada and New England Knitting Cruise (Oct 2017)
Holland America Line
October 7, 2017
October 20, 2017
Canada and New England Knitting Cruise (Oct 2017) ~ Knitting Cruises Description
13 Day Canada & New England Knitting Cruise w/ Sally Melville
Cruise New England & Maritime Canada with Sally Melville on a voyage of discovery to North America's most scenic, historic and culturally rich seaports. Among the main highlights on this cruise you will trace the path of American independence; eat fresh New England lobster; watch dyeing demonstrations; visit a working mini-mill and farm near Charlottetown; and shop for yarn at some of the best shops in the region.
This directional cruise from Montreal to New York or Ft. Lauderdale visits several ports in Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Maine and South Carolina where cruisers will enjoy the crispness of autumn while sampling the delights of French Canada and New England. There are many compelling reasons we invite you to join us as we celebrate the stunning beauty of autumn onboard Holland America's ms Veendam.
This cruise offers a nice balance between interesting ports and relaxing days at sea. It starts in historical French Canada visiting nine fabulous ports of call ending with three glorious days at sea. This allows for an enriching program with Sally Melville including popular classes such as Essential Skills, Knit to Flatter and Fit, Emergency Measures, Two Colors, Two Hands, Stripes, and Stripes and First Choices, Basic Shapes.
9-13 Day Canada & New England Cruise Highlights
- Learn about popular local indie dyers and their inspirations at La Maison Tricotée in Montreal.
- Savor Old-World French flair in both Montreal and Quebec City where you'll enjoy heritage dating back more than 400 years.
- Cruise the St. Lawrence River where you will experience spectacular lakes and archipelagoes from the comfort of Holland America's ms Veendam.
- Tour the Belfast Mini Mills outside Charlottetown on Prince Edward Island where participants will learn about mini-mills, shop for yarn and explore the farm.
- Be wowed at the Fleece Artist & Handmaiden dye studio where you'll see dyeing demonstrations and learn how they source their luxurious silks, wools, kid mohairs, alpacas, seaweed and angora fiber.
- Meet designer Ilga Leja at Tradewind Knits Studio in Halifax.
- Enjoy a succulent lobster lunch in the quintessential New England town of Bar Harbor.
- Learn about the American Revolution along the Freedom Trail, wander through public gardens or shop for yarn at Boston's most popular yarn shops.
- Take a Big Apple yarn tour where you will be inspired by the top shops in the city.
- Take a historical tour of antebellum mansions and gardens while learning about the Civil War and enjoying Charleston's famous Southern hospitality.