35-Day ~ Voyage of the Vikings (Jul 2013)
Holland America Line
July 13, 2013
August 17, 2013
Voyage of the Vikings (Jul 2013) ~ Knitting Cruises Description
35-Day Voyage of the Vikings w/ Fellow Knitters
This popular cruise is onboard Holland America's ms Veendam sailing round trip from Boston July 13-17, 2013. Enjoy fun knit-along projects, the company of other knitters and detailed yarn shopping and fiber places of interest along the way.
The perfect cruise for knitters and cruising enthusiasts alike and sells out early every year. The Voyage of the Vi kings is Holland America's most popular sailing offered once a year attracting a many repeat cruisers. The North Atlantic is known for its rugged beauty and cool summertime temperatures. Take this voyage and you'll keep cool while stimulating your creativity in the company of knitters.
2013 Voyage of the Vikings Cruise Highlights
- Enjoy a Wooly Tour of Iceland combined with a three-hour Lopi knitting class in Iceland with the "Queen of Icelandic Knitting" Ragga Eiriksdóttir.
- Enjoy trunk shows with local designers and yarn companies at Newbury Yarns and Windsor Button in Boston.
- Learn about the wool industry in the Faroe Islands at Navia in Torshavn.
- Shop for Norwegian yarn and Dale of Norway Sweaters while enjoying the sights in Bergen.
- Be inspired by Dutch designers in Amsterdam at a trunk show at Penelope Craft.
- Shop for Waterford Crystal in Waterford Ireland.
- Go on a yarn crawl or sample Irish whiskey in Belfast
- Visit String Theory when your ship docks in the lovely port of Bar Harbor. Karen Grover & Tannis Williams will share their lovely hand-painted yarns and explain how they draw their inspiration from everything that encompasses the extraordinary coastline of Maine.