7-Day ~ Christmas Markets on the Rhine (Dec 2016)
December 12, 2016
December 19, 2016
Christmas Markets on the Rhine (Dec 2016) ~ Knitting Cruises Description
2016 Christmas Markets on the Rhine w/ Chris Bylsma
Join other knitters on this wonderful journey where you'll shop for gorgeous European yarn, meet local knitters and enjoy the magic of the season in an area where many Christmas traditions began. Visit Europe's most traditional Christmas craft markets along the Rhine. Enjoy Christmas shopping, sightseeing and making new friends while being pampered onboard AmaWaterways beautiful AmaPrima. There will be yarn shopping opportunities along the way and a fun knitalong cruise project onboard with the assistance of knitwear designer and instructor, Chris Bylsma.
The Rhine is one of the world's most famous and longest rivers and is also one of the most international. The Rhine flows 820 miles northwest from the Alps to the the North Sea. On this cruise you’ll visit Christmas markets along the Rhine in Switzerland, France, Germany and the Netherlands.This river consists of three sections, the Lower (nearest the sea), Middle, and Upper (nearest the source in the alps) with the Middle Rhine being the most scenic, winding through a deep gorge with vineyards and castles dotting the landscape. This section of the river has the world's densest concentration of medieval castles. Here you will see such famous castles as Burg Katz, Marksburg, Reichenstein, and Rheinfels to name a few. In addition, you'll pass through regions along this river where local legends have influenced many famous writers, artists and composers and although traveling north, this cruise sails the best section of the river, downstream, reducing travel time and allowing more time in port and a smoother cruise experience.
This region of Europe is fun anytime of year, but when you combine the magic of the holidays, being pampered in luxury as you cruise Europe's most famous waterway, you've got the ingredients for the trip of a lifetime. We invite you to pack up your needles and join Craft Cruises on this magical Christmastime knitting cruise.
Christmas Markets on the Rhine Highlights
- Guided walking tours with local guides in every port
- Visit local yarn shops along the way with your Craft Cruise trip leader
- Feast on local holiday delicacies in the markets, onboard and along the way
- Enjoy festive musical performances and life enriching tours
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board
- Free-flowing red & white wines from Europe's great wine regions, beer & soft drinks with every lunch and dinner
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Onboard hosted knitting with an experienced knitting instructor
- Shop for yarn in Amsterdam including Stephen West's new shop Stephen & Penelope
- Optional pre-cruise package in Lucerne & Zürich sightseeing, shopping and visiting markets
- 7 nights aboard the luxurious AmaPrima, a Craft Cruise favorite
- Special highlights including lectures, theme dinners, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and afternoon/evening piano music