7-Day ~ Norwegian Fjord Knitting Cruise (July 2015)
Holland America Line
July 31, 2015
August 7, 2015
Norwegian Fjord Knitting Cruise (July 2015) ~ Knitting Cruises Description
7-Day Norwegian Fjord Knitting Cruise with Lily Chin & Merike Saarniit
Begin your cruise in Copenhagen, a city known for its trendy knitting scene, colorful 17th-century waterfront homes, pedestrian friendly shopping areas, fabulous restaurants, Tivoli Gardens and the fairy-tale statue of the Little Mermaid. From Copenhagen, cruise through some of the most spectacular waterways on earth to the charming coastal town of Flam and then on to Stavanger and Kristiansand - the city where Norwegians go on holiday. Norway is ranked amongst the happiest places on earth; combined with great scenery, makes a great summer getaway. Whether as a short break or in combination with our 12-day Baltic knitting cruise, this itinerary is sure to please even the most avid cruiser.
Whether you pick the 7-day or 19-day combination, this trip to Norway will offer instant community with others who share your passion, including dramatic scenery and tons of knitting treasures from shops, boutiques and museums to thrift shops and grocery stores. This Norwegian cruise visits some of the longest fjords in the world in a region known for its unspoiled landscapes, dramatic cliffs rising high above the sea and colorful seaside villages.
Lily Chin and Merike Saarniit will be hosting this cruise with classes, social gatherings and evening presentations to maximize your enjoyment on this weeklong adventure. Have fun exploring on land and finding the best souvenir yarn in port. Shop for yarn, patterns and kits from some of the most famous knitwear designers in the world including Hanne Falkenburg, Marianne & Helga Isager and Bente Geil and more.
On this cruise classes will include such topics as mastering the Norwegian Purl, charting the popular motif the Norwegian Snowflake/Norwegian Star, how to use knitting gadgets to embellish your knitting and a project-oriented workshop on Beaded Norwegian Wristers. We invite you to pack up your needles and join us on this knitting adventure.
2015 Norwegian Fjord Knitting Cruise Highlights
- Enjoy a trunk show with a popular local designer, Bente Geil, in Denmark's largest yarn shop, Sommerfuglen
- Take a private walking tour and yarn crawl in Copenhagen including Uldstedet and Rasmilla Garn & Strik
- Shop for Norwegian yarn and sweaters at Husfliden and the Dale Concept stores in Oslo
- Visit Oleana to learn about their gorgeous sweaters
- Take an excursion in Stavanger to a viewpoint towering 1,980 feet over the sea that is one of the most spectacular viewpoints in all of Norway
- Take one of the world's steepest unassisted railway climbs in the charming coastal town of Flam
- Cruise in and out of some of the most beloved ports in Norway known for cobblestone streets, colorful houses and storybook charm
- Spend a day in Kristiansand, where Norwegians go for their holidays to relax in a spectacular setting and to spend time on unspoiled beaches